Sunday 5 January 2020

3 Lessons Learnt from Last Year...

I want to share the top 3 lessons I learnt from 2019. I am sure you will find it useful too;

1- #ItsOkayToWalkAway

I have always been that committed guy who never gave up on anyone or any work. That definitely was a proud thing to say but were those people benefitting me or were those things helping me grow? Nope. I was continuing these things just because of my #ego. So this year I started saying no to things & cutting ties with people who did not treat me right. Yes in the short run people blame you or make fun of you but in the long run, you get so much peace and happiness. Seems like a heavy load lifted from the back. Sometimes you got to put peace of mind above everything. Remember how successful 2020 will be just not on what you achieve but what you let go too.

2- #SayWhatYouFeelClearly

A good friend predicting our feelings suddenly becomes an expectation when we have a close bond. I have been most guilty of that attitude & that is why I started overcoming it - by saying how I felt to closed ones & not expecting them to predict it. That means calling a close friend and saying I am low/sad. Or telling someome that I miss him/her so much when I am at work. Or saying to a friend that no matter what happens I want to spend an evening with him/her etc. So in 2020 stop expecting people to predict your mood & call them to share exactly how you feel.

3- #YourHappinessDoesNotDependOnWhereYouReach

It may be reaching a perfect body or a successful business or getting in a relationship. Or it may also be about what we have achieved in the past. But if I remove your achievements/goals, who are you? Reflect on this & find ways of keeping yourself happy without them. Once you are happy & have a life apart from what you are “going to do/achieved” you will realize that happiness is more about being & not doing. Get happiness first & then go for success.

So to revise 3 points

1- It's okay to walk away - success just doesn't depend on what you do but also on what you don't do.

2- Say what you feel clearly - stop expecting closed ones to predict your mood and start communicating it clearly!

3- Your happiness does not depend on where you reach - Happiness is more about being and just about doing, cheers!

Ushas~
#ThinkersAtWork #SuccessPrinciple #LearningWithUshas #Motivation #HappyNewYear2020 #PersonalDevelopment

No comments:

Post a Comment