Saturday 23 November 2019

Self-discipline is what you need...



Discipline should be self-imposed, it should come from within, self-discipline is necessary for health and for the progress in life by observing discipline we can make our lives bright. Rightly said by somebody, “All success begins with self-discipline. It starts with you”. It reminds me of an ancient Greece story about Socrates: -

Socrates in a Gossip
One day an acquaintance of great philosopher Socrates met him and wanted to give some information about one of his friends. Socrates replied, “Hold a minute before telling me anything, I would like to pass you a little test, it’s called the Triple Filter Test”. Socrates continued, “before you talk to me about my friend, it might be a good idea to filter what you are going to say. The first filter is Truth. Have you made absolutely certain that what you are going to tell me is true?”, “NO”, the man said, “actually I heard about this”. So Socrates said, “So you really don’t know whether it is true or false?” The man replied No. Socrates continued, “Let us try the second filter, the filter of Goodness. Is what you are going to tell me about my friend is Good? ” The man replied, “No! on the contrary, it is bad”. Now the last filter i.e., Of Usefulness. “Is what you want to tell me about my friend going to use to me?”, Socrates asked. “No not really”, The man replied. Well concluded Socrates, “If what you want to tell me is neither true nor good nor even useful, why tell it to me at all?”

Moral: — Anybody who is going to give you some information about the third person, you must put it through triple filter test i.e. Information should be true, it should be good and it should be useful to you.
Remember that you need not be smarter than rest, you have to be more disciplined than rest

No comments:

Post a Comment